Sunday 16 October 2011

NaNoWriMo

NaNoWriMo = National Novel Writing Month (although it is now international). It is now an annual event that takes place over the course of November. It is essentially a challenge to write, from scratch 50,000 words that will form the basis of a novel. Most novels are around about 90 to 10 thousand words. The idea is to just write. Not to worry about the quality, not to fret over details, and even not to worry about the thread of the plot. Just go.
This is the first time I've done this and since I have hit a brick wall with the story I have been working on I figured I may as well drop that for now and go down the WriMo route for four weeks.
I have the vague beginnings of an idea forming so I hope that when November 1st arrives I will be able to get started.
Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Please be kind and thoughtful.